Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Kelsey-isms

     Last night was family home evening and Natalee chose the treat.  She made a cherry dump cake with chocolate cake mix for the top.  I got some vanilla ice cream to go with it.  We sat at the table and I dished everyone some of the cake and ice cream.  Kelsey was happily eating her treat when she said with a smile, "Mmm...this tastes like barf."  Kelsey has quite a sense of humor but she seemed very sincere in her comment.  "Do you know what barf is?" I asked her.  "No," she answered me.  "Barf is throw up," I told her.  "Oh," said Kelsey.  I asked her if she still thought it tasted like barf and she said no. :)

     Kelsey and I have been planning her birthday party.  She's been planning her 5th birthday since about a week after she turned 4! :)  She wants to have a Lalaloopsy birthday party.  I was sitting in the recliner talking to her about her options and she was kind of hopping from one foot to the other.  I asked her if she needed to go use the bathroom.  "No," she answered," I'm just doing a happy dance!"

     I think I blogged about Kelsey trying to "bribe" us to do things for her by saying, "You'll be my favorite mommy (or daddy)."  Her new thing is to say, "I'll buy you a present for your birthday." Kelsey hardly ever spends her money so she is kind of rich, especially for a 4 year old.

No comments: