Sunday, June 30, 2013

Happy Birthday Nathan!!!

Here I'm 2....

.....Now I'm 3!!!
     On June 26th I said goodnight to my 2 year old and the next day said good morning to my 3 year old.  I can't believe this little guy is 3!  We had such a fun day celebrating.  We started with present opening.  Each of his sisters (except Avery) found a gift for Nate from something they owned or at the Dollar Tree, or both.  They sure love their brother.
     Daren and I gave Nathan a batting tee, a baseball mitt and ball, a pack of wiffle balls, and some refill bullets for a Nerf gun.  Natalee gave Nathan her Nerf gun.  Haylee gave him a car ramp that she had purchased at a yard sale and all her old Go Diego Go toys.  Mackenzie gave him a glow in the dark snake that grows in water.  Kelsey gave him a pair of Cars goggles for when we go to the pool and her old Go Diego Go blanket.  It was so fun watching him unwrap his gifts.  He squealed in delight with every present he opened.  His sisters were so happy.
     After lunch we went to the pool with Grandma Moffitt and cousin Steven, who was visiting from Utah.  Everyone had a great time!  Nate wanted an ice cream but they ran out so we got him a Gatorade instead.  He still loved his Gatorade.
     We left at about 4:00 and came home to make dinner.  I didn't really know what Nate's favorite dinner was (I really didn't want to make chicken nuggets) but I know he always wants seconds and thirds when I make meatloaf.  So we had meatloaf, baked potatoes, and orange flesh honeydew melon.  I hope he liked it but he was pretty distracted by having his best cousin over.  Nathan and Jetty have become very best friends ever since Jeff and Amber moved here.  I'm so happy he has a little boy to grow up with.  One of these days he's bound to realize he doesn't have any brothers. :)
     Nathan opened some more presents from family.  Grandma Poetschlag gave him $5 to buy something for himself.  Grandma and Grandpa Moffitt gave him a remote control car (Finn McMissile from Cars 2), and Jetty gave him a pack of 2 Nerf guns that he picked out for him and Nate to play with together.  The two immediately went off playing guns.  They make the cutest gun noises. :)  It was so adorable.  Nathan also got his present from Grandma Bobbi.  It was a Cars sleeping bag in a hamper.  He has been sleeping with it every night and just adores it.
     I think our little boy had a pretty happy birthday.  Today it was thrilling for him to weigh himself on the Wii Fit Plus and move from Baby Stats to a Body Test.  It made his Mii go from a baby to a standing little dude and he just laughed like crazy when he saw that. :)  Nathan is such a fun little boy and we are so grateful for him.  Having a little brother does mean occasionally being shot by Nerf guns, hit by plastic swords, etc. but the girls seem okay with it. :)
     A funny thing that happened after his birthday dinner and presents: my mom was trying to take a picture of him shooting his Nerf gun so I told him to shoot Grandma so she would have the perfect angle to take a great picture.  Well, Nate was standing right by Grandma Poetschlag who was sitting in the recliner and he obeyed me instantly.  He turned and shot Grandma Poetschlag right in the neck!  She was a good sport about it and played dead with her tongue out and everything, which made him laugh.
     Happy birthday sweet little guy!  We love you!








The kids wanted some frosting after I finished decorating the cupcakes....so I gave them some!

 
Kelsey is ready for the pool.  The dollar is so she can buy herself an ice cream.  Just before this, she was sitting on my bed and said to me, "Mom, Nathan still looks like a 2 year old to me." :)




Wrinkly toes! Nathan stayed in the water a LONG time!

He was worn out and had to take a little nap after swimming.
 


 
Avery the photo bomber!

 

No comments: