Sunday, March 11, 2012

Baby Grandpa



Grandpa, a.k.a. Max Lee Moffitt, Jr. (1961)
      A couple of Sundays ago, I asked some of the parents and grandparents of the primary children to come in and share a story about when they or one of their ancestors chose the right and how it blessed their life.  My dad came in and told about himself as a youth.  At first he was the only active member of his family because he was invited by a friend to come to primary and scouts.  He told about how, even though he didn't realize it at the time, the friends he chose to hang out with made such a huge difference in his life.  Because he was telling a story from his childhood, he brought a picture of himself as a primary kid to show to the children.  Even my kids really enjoyed seeing the picture.  I don't think they had ever seen it before.
     Last Sunday, Kelsey was drawing in a notebook during Sacrament Meeting.  Then she showed me her finished product and said, "This is Grandpa when he was a baby."  I asked her if she had ever seen Grandpa when he was a baby.  She nodded while answering, "Yes, he showed the picture last time." (or something like that.)  I realized she was talking about the picture he brought the week before.  I think he was 10 or 11 in that picture but in Kelsey's mind I guess he was just a baby.  And her picture was so adorable I had to share it.  I especially enjoy the different eye sizes. :)

1 comment:

The Tomlinsons said...

SO cute!!! And I think Nathan looks just like your dad! Can't wait to see the resemblence when he's 10!!!