Mackenzie's birthday is this Saturday, and unfortunately, it is one of the busiest days of the year for us. It is the stake relief society women's conference which Daren always has some responsibility in, due to his calling. This year he is responsible for the children's class and the luncheon following the conference. Then, later in the evening, one of Natalee's friends from elementary school, Nicole Martin, is getting baptized. We absolutely cannot miss her baptism. Her baptism is at 6:00pm, right about dinner time.
Yesterday I decided to explain the situation to Mackenzie. I told her what a busy day it was and said maybe we should go out for dinner as a family. Before I could finish my sentence she stopped me and said, "But I really wanted that special dinner that Haylee made one time." The dinner she was referring to is basically a hot dog surrounded by refried beans and American cheese, wrapped in a burrito shell and heated up. Another reason why going out to dinner sounded like a great plan. I told her we could go to John's Pizza and she informed me that she only likes the fun factory, not the food. So Natalee suggested we go to McDonald's and Mackenzie thought that was a great idea. We "talked her into it", she told us. So.....I continued explaining to her that because Saturday is so busy, we could go to McDonald's on Friday night. With a very concerned/disappointed look on her face she informed me, "But that's someone else's birthday."
Poor thing. Of all my kids, Mackenzie is the most likely to care if we don't celebrate her birthday on her actual birthday. It looks like we will be working around the baptism.
Jane 23
5 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment