Monday, September 17, 2012

Nate's First Solo Prayer

     Last night Nathan finally said his first prayer by himself!  I have been wondering if he was ready so lately when he asks to say a prayer, I wait a minute to see if he'll start by himself.  But he always wouldn't say anything and then he'd look up at me and say, "Help, Mom."  Also lately, he has been wanting it to be his turn every time we say prayers!  The girls are always happy to give their turn to him in exchange for being the one who gets to help him pray. :)  But I didn't want them to stop praying so we've just been having them say their prayer and then letting him say one when they're done.
     Last night it was my turn to say the bedtime prayer.  When I finished, Nate said, "My turn say the prayer?"  So I said, "Okay, Nathan is going to say a prayer."  Haylee, Mackenzie, and even Kelsey immediately started trying to whisper a prayer to him.  He was saying, "No!" and trying to push them away.  I told them to leave him alone.  I expected him to run over to me any minute and ask me for help.  But instead, when they backed off, he just started saying his prayer by himself.  I couldn't hear him too well and he was kind of mumbling, so unfortunately I didn't catch anything he said after the first line, "Thank you for this day."  He seemed to have a lot to say though.  Kelsey finally started whispering loudly, "In the name of Jesus Christ, amen" so he would get the hint and finish.  He finally did. :)
     I wish I could have known what he was saying but it was still a very sweet moment.  Next time I'll make sure I'm sitting closer and maybe I'll be able to understand his sweet little child thoughts a little better.

No comments: