Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

     You know how every kid brings valentines to school for each of their classmates?  We have a huge bin with boxes and boxes of store-bought valentines with popular TV show themes or cute animals for our kids to choose from. (I bought them on clearance after Valentine's Day a few years ago.)  They can usually fill them out in half an hour since all they write is their name and a classmate's name on each one.  If we go all out we might make a homemade valentine but still they just write two names on each one.  (I have thought about doing this but I don't believe I've ever actually done it.)  Well, this year Mackenzie received this valentine from a girl in her class.  I don't know this girl or her family situation.  Maybe they couldn't afford store-bought or fancy homemade valentines.  Or maybe her family just forgot it was Valentine's Day and this is all she could do.  But I will say that this was Mackenzie's all time favorite valentine that she has ever received.  Because Sandra took the time to write a genuine compliment to Mackenzie, it meant more to her than any store-bought valentine.  It made her feel so good.  It just goes to show what really matters in a valentine.

No comments: