Monday, May 13, 2013

First Fathers and Sons Outing

Nathan and Daren heading off to the Fathers and Sons Outing
May 10, 2013
 
     I have been slightly paranoid to send my little boy camping with his dad so this was his first year to get to go on the annual Fathers and Sons campout.  Poor Daren has been waiting so long to have a son to take with him.  He has gone other years.  He has taken other kids whose dads weren't able to go that year.  And one year he was taking the son of a some friends so he decided to take some of his daughters with him as well.  But finally, he got to take HIS son!  I had all sorts of thoughts of Nate wandering off into the dark and getting lost or eaten by a wild animal. Or of him falling into the campfire. But he came back in exactly the same condition he left, except a tad dirtier.
     This is a picture of them right before they drove off.  Nathan was so excited to go on an adventure with just him and his dad.  I knew I was having a hard time with this but I didn't expect the reaction I got from Kelsey.  Right after they drove off Kelsey burst into tears and sobbed to me about how there was one more thing she wanted to tell Nathan before he left.  And how she didn't know how much she loved him until he drove away.  It was so sweet.  Those two really are close little buddies.  She got her tears out and then we had a nice girls evening. We were sure excited though when they got back home the next day!

No comments: