While we were living at Grandma's house (about a week after we moved in, actually), Nate learned to climb out of his port-a-crib. We had to quickly buy him a mini-tent called a PeaPod that we could zip him into at night. It only took him a few days to learn to undo the zipper, but since it had two zippers that came together we could safety pin the zippers together so he couldn't get out. He only cried about it a few times and then he liked climbing into his PeaPod and even insisted on helping us zip it shut. :)
We finally moved into our new house a couple of weeks ago and we decided against setting up the crib. After all, with Nate's climbing talents we were sure that he would be able to climb out. We tried getting him to sleep in a big boy bed (the bottom bunk) but he just kept climbing up to the top bunk. We removed the ladder but he still wouldn't stay in the bed. So we set the PeaPod back up and he has been sleeping in there for the past couple of weeks. Last night when I told him it was time for bed, he pointed at my bed and said, "nigh-nigh." I laid him on the bed and he snuggled up and grinned. But he didn't stay in there so I picked him up and started to carry him to his PeaPod. He pointed at the bottom bunk instead so I laid him down and put the covers over him. I told Haylee to let me know if he got out and I would put him in the PeaPod. But he soundly slept on the bottom bunk all night long.
This picture was taken at nap time today. I packed up the PeaPod this morning and put him in the bed for naptime. I had to put him back in about 3 more times and he cried each time. But he finally stayed and I don't think it will take him more than a few days to adjust. He is such a big boy!
1 comment:
This pea pod thing sounds intriguing. Travis is still in his crib and, without another kid coming up behind, I feel no drive to get him out of it. Miraculously it is about the only thing Travis hasn't climbed in, out, around, through...
Post a Comment