Thursday, April 12, 2012

Dear Tooth Fairy....

     A couple of days ago Daren had to teach seminary.  He left early in the morning while we were all still sound asleep.  When he got home, he found the following note on the doorstep:

If you can't read it too well in the picture, it says:
Front: From Mackenzie
       To The Tooth Fairy

Inside:
(top, right corner says "Mackenzie rae Hardy")

Dear tooth Fairy
I would like to meet you very very very much.
I am 7 years old.  My big sister Haylee said I could meet you wen I was 7.
Now she is saing I can't meet you.

Mackenzie does still believe in the tooth fairy.  She's wavering on the Easter Bunny but I think she's still a believer in Santa Clause too.  Daren and I thought this note she wrote was so adorable.  She had stayed up late writing in her journal the night before and I figured this was what she had been working on.  We were actually extremely impressed with her writing capabilities.  We knew Mackenzie was very smart but she's actually smarter than we thought!  She can spell hard words like, "would."  And her handwriting was quite neat too.
     Daren brought me the note with telling me it just had to go in the blog book.  The next day I walked out and found it on the doorstep again.  Apparently Mackenzie had found it in our bedroom and put it back out for the tooth fairy to find.
     Yesterday, Haylee asked me if I had seen the note Mackenzie wrote to the tooth fairy.  I said I had and she started to tell me all about it.  "I wrote it," she said.  "Mackenzie told me what to say and I wrote it down."  Well that explains the above grade-level spelling and handwriting!  It was still pretty cute though so it still gets blogged.

1 comment:

Dickey said...

That is dang cute!