Thursday, March 31, 2011

Haylee

     Today is Haylee's 8th birthday!  She is so excited to finally be 8 years old and get to be baptized.  It was a bittersweet day for Haylee.  She loved the part about getting presents and having her birthday dinner.  But unfortunately she also had to go to school and had lots of homework that is due tomorrow.  So sadly, much of her birthday was spent doing homework.  But I was able to go into her class this afternoon and bring a treat for her and her classmates.  We had oreo ice cream sandwiches.  She opened her presents before school this morning.  We bought her a zebra jewelry set (earrings and a matching necklace), a soccer ball, a littlest pet shop basset hound, and a "polly pocket" sized Tangled set.  She had her eye on the Tangled doll and was planning on buying it for herself.  I made her wait saying that she shouldn't make an impulse purchase.  The look on her face when she opened it was priceless.  I knew she would be excited but I actually hadn't predicted just how excited she would be.  So unfortunately I didn't have the camera ready to capture the adorable look on her face.  But I was so happy that we were able to surprise her with something she really wanted.  (She knew about the jewelry because she had picked it out herself and begged for it.)






     Yesterday we had a fun morning.  Joey and Grace Cannon had spent the night the night before and Haylee and Grace got up early to make breakfast for everyone.  We usually don't do sleepovers but this was an emergency situation.  Natalee and Katie had an early morning field trip and Ronelle was signed up to chaperone.  Then Brent had to go on travel for work.  So Natalee was at the Cannons so she could get up early and go on the field trip with Ronelle and Katie.  Joey and Grace came to school with us.  So back to breakfast.
     Haylee and Grace wanted to make breakfast for everyone so Haylee got out a notebook and asked people what they wanted to eat.  I knew she was making waffles but I didn't know about her being a waitress and taking orders until after they left for school.  This was what I found on the notebook:

Joey  waphles
Kelsey  waphles
Haylee waphles
Mackenzie  oatmeal
Darren, waffles

     "Mackenzie  oatmeal" had been crossed out which explained why Mackenzie had come into my room crying that she wanted oatmeal for breakfast and Haylee was making her eat waffles.  I was also amused that she chose the 'ph' spelling for waffles but then somehow managed to spell it right on Daren's order.  The other thing I noticed was that she spelled Daren's name with 2 r's.  I usually always spell it with 1 r but of course we always use 2 r's for legal documents.  So I guess Haylee has picked up on the '2 r' spelling.  She's a really cute kid and I just love that she loves cooking so much.  She even checked out a children's cookbook for her library book this week.  I can't wait until she takes over for me completely.  I will happily let cooking dinner be her main chore in our home!

No comments: