Friday, April 8, 2011

Cute Kelsey

     So, not to make a habit of blogging about poop or anything, but Kelsey just says the funniest things sometimes.  A month or so ago Nate blew out his diaper while sitting in his high chair.  That kid has had more blow outs than all the other kids combined!  I have my theories about it....Anyway, I got him all cleaned up but I had forgotten about cleaning the high chair.  It's hard to remember now but I think I finished up a chore and said, "There, I'm all done!" and Kelsey said, "No you're not. There's poop in the high chair!"  Something along those lines.  Well, this afternoon he was eating a cracker in his high chair when I heard the sound.  I said, "Oops, Nate pooped.  Better go change him."  I picked him up out of the high chair and Kelsey looked at his seat and said, "No he didn't poop."  I know she meant, "If there isn't poop all over the place then Nathan must not have pooped!"  It just goes to show that even Kelsey has noticed that Nathan blows out all the time.

     I must share my Odyssey drama too.  Well, maybe not 'must' but I want to. :)
     About a month ago I was looking at the swap sheet to see what kinds of yard sales there were.  Natalee was about to do a horse show and I wanted to find some nice, used, cowgirl boots for her.  I didn't see anything and it was getting pretty late.  Daren wanted to get to bed so I said I'd just look and see if there was an Odyssey in the Auto section really quickly and then turn off the light.  I turned the page and BAM!  There was an '03 Odyssey with only 73,000 miles on it for just $8200.  I got so excited!  And when Daren actually agreed that we could go back to an Odyssey and get rid of the big van, which I didn't think he would ever agree too, I was even MORE excited.  But I couldn't sleep because I was so worried that someone already got to it or would get to it before me.  I called the next morning as early as I thought was polite and was crushed to hear that it had been sold.  But since Daren had agreed to the idea, I started looking all over the internet for a similar deal.  Craigslist mostly but I looked at the used inventories of dealerships too.
     Much to my surprise, when looking at the Bud Eyre Toyota dealership website, I found out that there was an '03 Odyssey with 73,000 miles that they had just gotten.  I couldn't believe it!  I was so mad that they had bought my car.  I wasn't mad to lose it to a person, but to a dealership!  I was livid.  Just for funsies I decided to see how much they wanted for it.  $12,995!!!  They came down to $10,800 for me but I just couldn't do it.  So I passed on it.
     I don't completely hate the monster van, it's just so hard for me to get the little kids in and out of it.  I kept looking and looking for a deal on an Odyssey or a Sienna.  I looked mostly on craigslist but even looked at ksl.com.  Anyway, the great news is that on Tuesday, April 5 I got my deal!!  I found it on Craigslist.  It was in Glendale, CA, 2 1/2 hours away.  But it was an '03 Odyssey with 76,000 miles for only $7700.  Daren and I picked up the kids at 2:30 and headed straight to Glendale.  They said they'd wait for us and they did.  It's beautiful!  They kept it very clean and my goal is to not destroy this one!  I love that it's silver.  It has both sets of keys (I accidentally drove over one of the keyless remote controls on the last car).  And it has a roof rack.  We always talked about getting one of those for our old van but we never did it.  Basically it's the exact same car (year and model) that we had before but it's a better color and not ruined. :)  I am so happy to be back to a minivan.  The stressful part is now selling monster van.

1 comment:

Amy McFarlane said...

yay! that is so exciting! sorry i never called you back, it's been a busy week!