This post is for you,Cassie!
I have been feeling the need to declutter my life recently, but it's been hard to find the time and energy and free moments to get it done. Finally, I decided to get started this week. Unfortunately, my productivity was interrupted by the puke-fest. But last night I got back down to business. I turned my Netflix on and watched multiple episodes of 'Hoarders' while I sorted. Anyway, on with the post. I found a little gem that took me back to high school that I thought I would share. I wrote this for a school publication and I found this rough draft. So I don't believe it's complete but the part I have is still enjoyable. So here it is!
The Don Hill Syndrome
Has not every single girl that attends or has attended Burroughs High School at the same time as Don Hill had more than friendly feelings for him at some time in her life? It think that we can answer that yes, with a few exceptions, we have all gone through the Don Hill Sydrome (hereafter referred to as DHS).
There are many different tages of DHS. Some of us had more severe cases than others. Let's face it. Some of us will never recover. But as long as we remember that help and support is out there, we have hope. Remember, none of us are alone. We have all been through this. And man of us have recovered with no permanent damage to our egos, feelings, or mental conditions. Minor cases of DHS are perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. No treatment is necessary and the syndrome will eventually go away on its own. It just takes time.
Well, that's all I have. Just a little background, a bunch of us were riding the bus to an out-of-town football game my senior year and someone must have mentioned that they had a crush on Don. Then someone else said, I used to like him too. Or maybe it was, I have a crush on him too. I don't remember exactly, but it came out that almost all of the girls on the bus currently had or used to have a crush on Don. Yes, myself included, although at that time I was crushing on a different guy. Anyway, I would like to note that I do still suffer greatly from DHS and I plan to suffer from DHS for the rest of this life and into the next. I hope to never recover from Daren Hardy Syndrome. ;)
P.S. I'm still really good friends with Don Hill too as well as his adorable wife Kristy. I just might have to share this with them!
Jane 23
5 months ago
2 comments:
hahahaha i was wondering where you were going with your confession of still having DHS. nice that daren has the same initials!
OMG hilarious. And embarrassing at the same time. Thanks for the shout out, hope all is well!
Love ya.
Post a Comment