Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Good Daddy

     We just got back from a two week trip to Colorado and I was catching up on listening to our phone messages.  We had one message that was already over a week old.  A sister in our ward was calling Daren to ask if he could assist her husband in giving her a blessing before she went in for surgery.  Daren is their home teacher.  I let him know about the message and he said he would be sure to call her sometime that day to see how everything went.
     Later that night after almost all the kids were in bed, we were talking in the living room.  Kelsey was laying on the couch.  She had taken a very late nap so we weren't forcing her into bed yet, not sure how tired she was.  We were just chatting with each other when I suddenly remembered the message.  "Did you call that sister and ask about her surgery?" I asked Daren.  He got a horrified look on his face and said, "I am such a bad home teacher."  Kelsey's little voice piped up from the couch and said, "But you're a good daddy."  It was said with such sweetness that Daren just melted and gave her a big hug and thanked her.  She is such a cutie pie!

1 comment: