I originally wrote this post May 12, 2010 but decided not to post it. I was worried that it would embarrass Mackenzie. I was just cleaning things up and deleting posts that I had written but never posted when I found this. I decided that I wanted to keep it after all. It's a kind of funny story and Mackenzie will probably think so too when she's all grown up and reading the family blog books. So here it is:
At about 4:00 this morning, Daren and I (and Kelsey) were awakened by a very frightened Mackenzie. Nightmares are not new to Mackenzie but they do tend to come in spurts. Since she has recently been waking up to nightmares of black widow spiders, I was sure this was another one. Because of my pregnant condition, Daren got out of bed to try to comfort her and calm her down. I realized pretty quickly that this was no nightmare about black widows. No, it was something much worse. It was about "slap" bracelets-a kind of bracelet they "buy" with their tickets at the John's Pizza Fun Factory. Mackenzie was screaming about how Natalee and Haylee have a slap bracelet and she doesn't.
At about 4:00 this morning, Daren and I (and Kelsey) were awakened by a very frightened Mackenzie. Nightmares are not new to Mackenzie but they do tend to come in spurts. Since she has recently been waking up to nightmares of black widow spiders, I was sure this was another one. Because of my pregnant condition, Daren got out of bed to try to comfort her and calm her down. I realized pretty quickly that this was no nightmare about black widows. No, it was something much worse. It was about "slap" bracelets-a kind of bracelet they "buy" with their tickets at the John's Pizza Fun Factory. Mackenzie was screaming about how Natalee and Haylee have a slap bracelet and she doesn't.
1 comment:
I'll try and find one for her for Christmas :)
Post a Comment