Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Markers and More

     Nate got attacked today by a 2 year-old with a marker!  We had a Joy School meeting at my house this morning.  All of a sudden I heard Nate crying in the bedroom.  I went to investigate and there was a kid laying on top of him.  When I pulled him off and picked Nathan up, I found that he was very colorful.  At first I thought maybe he had done it to himself but was surprised that he would have gone for his own eye.  Kelsey and another child pointed to the kid who had been laying on top of him.  I found it a little funny and had to take a picture.



I was taking pictures of Natalee's letters and Nate came running over saying, "Cheeeeese!" with this big grin on his face. 
       Later in the day Kelsey decided to get Nathan dressed for me.  I was talking on the phone and they were in his bedroom.  All of a sudden he came running out with shorts on.  Kelsey followed closely behind with his shirt in her hand.  She started to try to put it on and he was not happy about it.  I explained to her that I would do the shirt so she wouldn't accidentally smother him.  She put his socks on for him though.  She tried to get his shoes on as well but they just didn't seem to want to fit over the socks like this. :)  Besides, she picked his shoes that have shoelaces so I don't know how she was planning on tying them.  I told her that he didn't need shoes because he wasn't going to have to get out of the car to go get the kids from school.

     Today was a bit of an emotional day.  Natalee just seemed so sad after school so I asked her if she wanted to come talk in my room.  Sure enough, she's been struggling with bullies again.  It doesn't seem quite as bad as last year, but because things got so out of hand last year, she's a lot more sensitive to it now.  We talked for a pretty long time and I got a late start on dinner.  So I decided maybe today was a McDonald's day.  We had a lot of coupons for McDonald's that we hadn't used yet.  We had 4 coupons for Meals (over $6 value each) and a coupon for one free item from the dollar menu.  So we used all of our coupons and bought 2 happy meals.  After we ate the kids went and played in the play area.  Nathan was having fun in the one little spot they have down low.  Then the kids encouraged him to climb a little higher.  He was not terribly happy to be in there by the second level but the only way to get down by then was to either go back the way he came, or to go one more level to the top and use the big slide down.  They kept him going up and I heard him start to fuss a little a couple of times.  But he finally made it to the slide and seemed to really like going down.  He was on Haylee's lap the whole way down and she used her feet to keep from going too fast.  When they got to the bottom, I picked him up and he gave me such a tight hug and was just making such happy faces and sounds.  Then he reached for Daren and so I handed him over and he started hugging Daren so tightly and patting his back.  He was just so happy to be out of that thing and back in the arms of his parents.  It was so adorable and I was so happy to have him back in one piece as well!

1 comment:

karen said...

That's so cute that he loves the camera!