Thursday, May 13, 2010

Family History = Blogging!

I never planned to do a blog. Although I enjoy reading my sibling's blogs, I always felt like it was way to much effort for something that was just going to appear online. If I was going to spend the time journaling and uploading photos, it was going to be effort spent on a digital scrapbook. I have been coveting digital scrapbooks for some time now. And I was SO close to doing it. I wanted to do a digital scrapbook for our moms and grandmas for Mother's Day. Due to the expense of digital scrapbooking, I ended up choosing Walgreens.com and I have to say that my first attempt turned out very cute. Soon after that, my mom, Grandma Poetschlag, and I were asked to speak about family history and journaling at the ward's monthly Relief Society meeting (not called Enrichment anymore). Since I am so bad at keeping a journal or doing any sort of scrapbooking, I decided I'd better put some research into this. I thought about blogs and I remembered Megan Hall mentioning something about a blog book. I asked her about it, went over and borrowed them, and immediately decided that blog books are the way to go. They are awesome! Well, I guess if I want to make blog books, I'm going to have to have a blog. I'm a little behind for 2010 and will have to do some catching up. And of course I have almost 10 years of catching up to do. I'm so sorry that I've missed recording so many of our family's experiences. Hopefully looking at pictures will help bring back some memories. So today, May 13, 2010, I begin to keep the Darren Hardy family history blog!

No comments: