Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mackenzie Moment


Mackenzie is such a joy to have as a daughter. She is so smart and sweet, and she really comes up with some good ones! I really wish I had kept a book of all the hilarious things Mackenzie says. And she has a fantastic memory. She will bring things up that really surprise us sometimes. I have a few to share but thought I'd start with this one:
I am expecting our first baby boy this July. Thankfully, the girls have decided that they are excited to have a baby brother. It took a little while to get them there. They thought all girls would be the perfect family. We have told them some different names that we like, and they have decided that they really want us to name him Nathan. There is a good chance that that is the name we will choose. But there are a few others that we still talk about. Mackenzie doesn't even refer to the baby as "the baby" anymore. She always calls him Nathan. One day we were driving in the car somewhere and I said something about the baby but I decided to try out one of the other names we've talked about...so I called him Robby. A few moments of silence passed, then Mackenzie asked, "Why did you say that Mom?" I answered, "Well, Robby is another name we like and we might name him that." Her response: "Well, I HATE that name." Another minute or two of silence. Mackenzie very calmly says, "Mom, we should just name him Nathan, then nobody (i.e. HER) will hate his name." Now how can I ignore that logic?

1 comment:

karen said...

Mackenzie always has such funny things to say and she has a terrific memory.