During church, the primary kids sang to the dads. They sang "My Dad" and "Daddy's Homecoming." After church, we had dinner at our house. Daren and my dad picked Cindy's cashew chicken. Yummy! Then my dad opened his gift. I wasn't as prepared for his. I didn't come up with an idea until the very last minute. I decided to blow up an old picture of my mom into a poster for him. I really wanted to use this old one he had of my mom in a swimsuit. But it was kind of small and the people at the photo desk didn't think it would work to blow it up to poster size. They said it "might" work as an 11x14. So I decided to go ahead and stick to the 11x14 size and get a frame to go with it. And just in case it turned out horribly blurry, I brought my mom's senior picture, which was bigger, and I know my dad loves that one too. It was a lot of fun watching my dad open his gift. His eyes got very big. It would have been more fun to watch my mom while my dad opened his gift if she hadn't known what it was, but unfortunately I didn't think I could find the pictures without her help. It was a fun gift to give and I hope he enjoyes it.
I truly have been blessed with the most wonderful men in my life-my five brothers, my dad, and my sweetheart. My dad guided me to make good choices throughout my life and helped me to develop my own testimony. He got me through the teenage years, helped me through college and a mission, and was an example of the kind of man I wanted to marry.
I am so grateful that I married Daren. He is an adoring husband and father. He provides well for our family's physical needs by working hard every day as a school psychologist. He takes care of us emotionally by loving us so much and planning fun things for us to do as a family. He takes care of us spiritually by being committed to taking us to church, family home evening, family prayer and family scripture study. He is such a good example to the kids and I'm grateful that he is the priesthood leader in our home. I love you Daren!
2 comments:
You are also a blessing to us Lisa! I'm glad you were able to surprise Daren and I'm also glad your Dad's picture here isn't a close-up :)
That's such a good idea for your dads gift! I bet he loved it!
Post a Comment