Last night Kelsey said her very first solo prayer. She often says "My turn!" when I ask whose turn it is to say the prayer at night. But every time we let her and I try to help her by whispering what she should say, she just stays quiet and then finally turns to me and says, "You do it." So last night, when she shouted, "My turn!" I decided to let her have a go at it and I didn't say a thing to her. (I also had to instruct the girls to back away since I could immediately see them closing in on her to be the ones to help her with her prayer.) This is what she said:
Heavenly Father,
Thank you day,
Have fun,
Amen!
We all said "amen" and then she got lots of snuggles and cheers, and I could tell she was so proud of herself. Their first prayer is always so sweet and precious.
Jane 23
5 months ago
2 comments:
that is the cutest thing i've ever read! i wish i was there to hear it!
So cute!
Post a Comment