Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Kelsey Rose, 3 Years Old

Happy Birthday Kelsey!  February 1, 2011
     I can't believe my baby girl is 3 years old!  The more she grows up, the more joy she brings us.  She has such an adorable personality and a great sense of humor.  She's creative and makes up her own words to the tunes of her favorite songs-they even rhyme sometimes!  She loves the Wonder Pets, The Land Before Time and her current favorite show is Toy Story.  (I wanted to make her a Toy Story cake but I definitely did not inherit my mom's cake decorating skills.  I saw these cupcakes at Albertson's and decided a cupcake tree would be the way to go.  The Toy Story toppers are actually little plastic rings so they were very popular with the kids.)  Sometimes Kelsey likes to pretend that she is Jesse.  She loves to wear 2 braids in her hair just like Jesse.  The girls gave her a little stick horse they found on the 'give and take' table at church and she immediately named it Bulls Eye.  I'm so grateful for my gorgeous Kelsey Rose!
     (One day I asked her if she was adorable and she said no.  So I asked her if she was beautiful and she said no again.  Then I asked her if she was gorgeous and she said 'Yes!  I'm gorgeous!'  So she's my gorgeous girl!)

      Each of the girls picked something special to give to Kelsey for her birthday.  Mackenzie gave her a little container of play-doh. Haylee gave her a plastic sheriff's badge and a tiny Dora that she found in a geocache a few days ago.  She wrapped them in her hankerchief and then kept telling Kelsey to use it to wipe her nose since she has a cold.  Natalee learned origami at her last activity day and she gave Kelsey an origami helicopter and horse.  We gave Kelsey a book full of Dora stories, her very own Glow Worm (she really wanted Mackenzie's but Mackenzie wouldn't give it to her), and a baby "My Little Pony" that talks, drinks its bottle and sucks on its pacifier.
The Toy Story cupcake tree.


Blowing out the candles-it took her a few tries but she finally got them all.
(Notice the ice cream she picked.  Her favorite color is orange so she based her ice cream choice on the color of the carton.  Lucky for us it was Reeses!)

Grandma Moffitt gave Kelsey a little Cinderella baby and crib and a dalmation Webkinz that she named Sparkles (for today anyway).  Grandma Poetschlag gave her 5 one dollar bills and Kelsey was very excited about that!


It turned out that the frosting had some pretty powerful dye in it.  You can almost guess what color everyone ate based on their smile.







      And the answers are:  Mackenzie-blue, Haylee-red, Natalee-green, Daren-green, and Kelsey-yellow
Nate wasn't in too many of the birthday pictures so I thought I'd take some pictures of him in the cute outfit he wore today.  He' such a cutie pie.

Look what he's been up to lately!

Not crawling yet, but I don't think it's too far away.  He does do an army crawl on his belly.
Kelsey with her 'Jesse Braids' 1/26/2011

"Jesse" and Bulls Eye  :)
Happy Birthday Kelsey!  We love you!

3 comments:

Amy McFarlane said...

well i dont care what kelsey says, i think she's adorable! happy birthday!

Ratliffs said...

Look at that face!! That's hilarious that it's pretty much the same in all the pictures!! Happy, happy birthday Kelsey!!

karen said...

Kelsey is so adorable!