Daren and I didn't really go on a date for Valentine's Day this year. Not yet anyway. My mom and dad gave us some money and free babysitting for a V-day gift but we haven't used it yet. Valentine's Day was on a Monday night so it just didn't seem like a good time to get a babysitter and for some strange reason my parents didn't want to have the kids hanging around on their special night. :) Daren brought me some pretty yellow tulips and gave me a nice BYU hoodie. I made him his favorite dinner. I know, a little lame compared to the cool gift he gave me. But in my defense, Daren is really hard to buy for.
I was going through Haylee's school papers and I found a paper she wrote about Valentine's Day. It was so cute so I wanted to share:
The important thing about Valentine's Day is there's love. It is cupid spreading love with his bow & arrow. Valentine's is giving treats and flowers. It's a time for presents, candy, and showing family you love them. Valentines day is to give, not to take, and steal, but for love and kindness. But the important thing about Valentine's Day is there's love.
Beautiful writing Haylee! I plan to bring this out every time the girls start fighting. Or maybe we'll just blow it up, frame it, and hang it in a nice, central location.
Jane 23
5 months ago
1 comment:
Haylee that is wonderful especially showing love and kindness to your family!
Post a Comment