Thursday, July 1, 2010

Welcome Nathan!


Nathan William Hardy
June 27, 2010, 10:34 a.m.
6 lbs. 15 oz.
20 inches

     He made it!  Nathan decided he'd like to come just as early as Kelsey did.  I was 36 1/2 weeks pregnant, but I was sure I was going to make it to July.  Sunday morning, I woke up thinking I might have felt a little something.  I wasn't sure though, so I kept getting everything ready for church.  Especially since I was in charge of sharing time.  Luckily we had a game plan for this.  Sandi Dickey and Rachel Huber (my counselors) are both out of town.  Sandi had arranged for Sandi Collins to fill in for me if I went into labor.  By 7:30 or 8:00, I knew I was in labor and I just needed to get everything together so I could get to the hospital.  We called my mom and decided to finish getting the kids ready for church, then drop them off at the church building and head for the hospital.  We got to the church and got the kids situated with my mom, the sharing time stuff to Sandi, and my dad and Daren gave me a blessing.
     We made it to the hospital just after 9:00.  It didn't take very long.  I really wanted the epidural, but unfortunately, he was coming too fast again.  Dr. Miller was off, so Dr. Carroll was the one who delivered Nathan.  He made his arrival only an hour and a half after we got to the hospital.  Apparently, some people at church thought that I'd come to Sacrament Meeting and then gone into labor and rushed to the hospital only to barely make it.  But as close as it was, I didn't almost deliver in the parking lot or anything like that.
     The girls were very excited to be able to come over straight after church to visit their new baby brother.  We gave Kelsey her new doll.  But she was pretty interested in the real baby too.  She said his name right away and she tells us that she loves him.
     We are so glad that Nathan is here!  We love him so much and the girls are being such big helpers.  They are so happy to have a baby brother.  Our family wouldn't be complete without him.

The Hardy Boys (sounds better than the Hardy Boy, doesn't it?)

Our whole family together.  Five kids! Wow!

Grandpa Moffitt

Grandma Moffitt

Great-Grandma Poetschlag

Natalee

Haylee

Mackenzie

Kelsey

This is Kelsey's new doll.  We told her its name was Emily since that was our back-up name if Nathan came out a girl.

     All of the girls got a sticker that said, "I'm a Big Sister" from the hospital.  One thing that was disappointing was that Mackenzie was giving a talk in primary and we had to miss it.  But my mom was there to help her.  Here she is holding the pencil that she picked out for giving her talk.  She chose to talk about Nephi and the brass plates.

No comments: