School Girls, August 24, 2010
Natalee is in 4th grade. She is so excited because her two best friends are both in her class this year. The school still needs to hire a 4th grade teacher. The one we were going to have switched to another school at the last minute because we still have construction going on at the school and the construction smells were making her sick. She's pregnant. So we had no teacher to start out the school year and they have a long-term substitute instead. It's too bad she's only a sub though. The kids LOVE her!
Haylee is in 2nd grade this year. Because of the classroom sizes and the number of kids, Inyokern School doesn't have a straight 2nd grade class this year. There's a 1/2 combo and a 2/3 combo. Haylee is in the 2/3 combo. Her teacher is also new to the school this year. Her name is Amy Auld and she actually grew up here in Ridgecrest and graduated from Burroughs the same year I did. Haylee really likes her teacher and is also very excited to be in the same class as her friends.
Mackenzie started Kindergarten this year! She did great. She was a little nervous but she was also very excited. There is only 1 kindergarten class so all of her friends are in her class, and she has a lot of friends her age already: Joey Cannon, Nathaniel Farrell, Vadie Grover, and Jasmine Mayhugh. She did cry a little bit the first day during lunch. But when I picked the kids up from school the second day, she said to me with a huge grin on her face, "Mom I had so much fun today, and I didn't even cry one bit!" I just can't believe what a big girl she is.
My mom came over the first day of school so that I could take the girls without Kelsey and Nathan. That way I could stay with Mackenzie and follow her into her classroom and stuff. And also be able to comfort her if necessary. As we were getting ready to grab our last things and head out the door, Kelsey seemed to sense that she was getting left behind and started to whine a bit. I told her, "I'm just taking them to school and I'll be right back." A few minutes later Kelsey said, "I want to go to school." She misses her big sisters some, but she sure enjoys getting to do what she wants and watch what she wants. It's nice to have some one on one time with her when Nathan is sleeping. Around 12:30 this afternoon, we were driving home from my friend's house and she said, "I want to go get Natalee." So she definitely misses them and is happy when it's time to go pick them up. I admit that I enjoy some quiet time too, but I'm always excited to go get them when it's time to pick them up.
Here are some first day of school pictures:
Natalee with and without her book bag
Haylee
Mackenzie
Twins!
Natalee actually has a blue one just like it and so does Kelsey. I thought it would be cute if they all matched. But at the last minute Natalee decided it didn't feel grown up enough. :( She's getting too big too!
Mackenzie at her desk
1 comment:
way cute and Natalee does look grown up.
Post a Comment