This evening I received the compliment of my life. I was playing around with my photoshop elements today. I wanted to make some birth announcements and I also needed an 8x10 picture to hang on the wall so Nathan could be part of the family. Above are the 3 pictures I made and sent to Wal-mart.com to be printed up. Around 4:30 p.m. I got a call from Wal-mart. They asked me if I had a copyright release to bring in when I picked up the pictures. I was so flattered. I told them that I had taken the pictures myself. They seemed surprised (more flattered!) so I explained how I used my mom's fancy Nikon SLR camera and large pieces of black and white cloth for the background. They believed me. When we picked up the pictures, I saw that they had written on the envelope that it needed the copyright release, but then they had scratched it out. I used to always dream of being asked to produce the copyright release when I turned my pictures in. It finally happened!
The envelope (I might laminate it!)
P.S. Sadly the side of the color announcement got cut off a bit and the left side of the N is missing in that announcement. So it looks like we named him 'Vathan.' We weren't really planning on sending them out to everyone. I thought I might stick them in thank you cards or something like that. But those ones are pretty much ruined. :(
1 comment:
awesome pictures Lisa, they all look like they are from a portrait studio!
Post a Comment