Sunday, October 10, 2010

Conference Weekend and More Fun Stuff

     Every once in awhile, the girls get a hold of the camera and I find some entertaining pictures that I didn't know were there.  I recently found these gems that Haylee and Mackenzis took of themselves and their 2 younger siblings.











 This was defiitely my favorite!



     Kelsey has gotten a lot of attention from her older sisters since she was born.  I was very worried that this would change when Nathan was born.  Thankfully, I can say that it hasn't changed one bit.  Nathan also gets lots of attention, even from Kelsey, but Kelsey still gets her share.  It's obvious from these pictures that the girls still adore her a lot.
     Mike and his family came to Ridgecrest to visit for General Conference weekend.  Mike is in the bishopric now and so it's hard for him to visit on weekends now.  This was the perfect weekend for them to come.  Mike's birthday was a few days before, so we had a little gift for him.  It was just a book that I've been meaning to give to him for a very long time.  It was one of his favorite books growing up so I figured he would want to read it to his kids.  A couple of them are already a little grown up for it probably.  So we gave him Tikki Tikki Tembo.
     While the guys went to Priesthood session that evening, the kids made cards for Jeff and Amy.  Jeff is in Afghanistan now, and Amy just had her gall bladder taken out.  My mom got out paper, stickers, glue, crayons, markers, and cut out shapes and let them be creative!  There were all sorts of stickers:  fun stickers, religious stickers, etc.  Mackenzie got VERY creative with the stickers and made an interesting combination.  Here's some pics.  See what you think!


 Jacob holding Nathan.  Jacob really liked Nathan.

Mike reading Tikki Tikki Tembo to Audrey.

 Natalee's card to Jeff.

Haylee's card to Jeff.

Mackenzie's card to Amy.  And in case you need to see a close-up
of the bottom right hand corner, you can find it below:
      Yes, she did put pictures of Jesus on top of light sabers...but she's only 5 years old and she's never seen Star Wars so she had no idea what those were.  :)

1 comment:

karen said...

Have I told you lately just how much I love your blog?