Yesterday morning, I decided it was time to give Natalee some hygiene advice. I told her that she is 9 now and can get stinky when she plays at recess. I told her she needs to start showering every day without us telling her to. To finish the conversation, I gave her her very own deoderant. She was SO excited. Especially since the scent was 'Sweet Pea.' She didn't have much time to brag about her deoderant before school. But after school she was going on and on about it. I could hear her from the bedroom asking who wanted to smell some sweet pea deoderant. I yelled for her to put it away and put it up high so that her sisters didn't get into it. She came over to me and said, "It is put away." I asked her why she was asking people if they wanted to smell it if she wasn't even holding it. She raised her arms and while spinning and bouncing told me that she's wearing some right now and was asking if they wanted to smell it in her armpits. Surprisingly nobody took her up on that offer.
One of her sisters was a little jealous about the deoderant. Last night while giving Haylee a bath, she suddenly said to me, "Mom, I'm stinky. Even when I take baths, I keep smelling my armpits and they really stink!" I just started laughing because it was so obvious what she was getting at and I think 7 year olds don't quite need to start worrying about deoderant yet. At least they aren't shy about how stinky they are. They are proudly announcing it to the world!
Jane 23
5 months ago
1 comment:
I never noticed any "stinkyness" but I'm sure I'll notice "sweet pea" :)
Post a Comment