Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween Weekend

     This year Halloween is on Sunday so we celebrated Halloween a little bit early.  Festivities started on Friday Oct. 29.  The kids wore their costumes to school and that morning they had a costume parade.  In the afternoon they had their class parties.  That night we decided to have a movie night.  We decided since it was the Friday before Halloween, a fun movie to watch would be Freaky Friday.  Katie and Joey Cannon came over to watch it with us (Grace had a soccer game).  The kids loved the movie and I spent the time baking cupcakes and cakes for the Fall Festival and the Trunk or Treat.
     This morning is when the real craziness began!  I went over to the school to set up early for the Fall Festival.  The Fall Festival is what our school calls it's Halloween carnival.  It was crazy!  It started at 11a.m. and ended at 2p.m.  Daren ended up running a booth the whole time because the girl who was going to run it got started to feel really sick right after she got it set up.  There were lots of games, a cake walk, a costume contest, a haunted house, and the firefaighters came and brought their smoke house and a fire truck for the kids to explore.  It was so much work and we were so worn out, but the kids had a great time.  Daren took them home and I stayed to help clean up.
     When I got home, it was already close to time to leave for the Trunk or Treat.  We got together the stuff we needed for the cupcake walk and a couple of other last minute games.  My parents helped by running the extra games-a golf game and a donut game we put together using leftover Krispy Kreme donuts from the school.  I ran the cupcake walk and Daren took Kelsey around to trick or treat at the cars.  A very tiring day, but lots of fun for the kids.
 Haylee and Natalee were at recess when I showed up so I got to take a few pictures of them before the costume parade started.

 Natalee and her two best friends, Ryan and Katie

My friend Julie Ann Pennix-such a good costume I had to take a picture.

Kelsey wore her bumblebee costume (from when she was a baby!) to watch the parade.

Mackenzie in the parade!

Natalee and Katie

Mackenzie in the fire truck at the Fall Festival

 Haylee at the costume contest

Kelsey wore her kitty costume that she just inherited from Audrey for the Fall Festival and the Trunk or Treat.

 Haylee playing the golf game-Dad running the golf game

Haylee just looks so pretty in this picture.

 Nathan wore a little lamb costume to the Fall Festival but I never took a picture of him in it.  Then he had a diaper blow out so we had a costume change for the Trunk or Treat and he came as a cute little duck.



1 comment:

Amber said...

I can't believe how big Haylee looks in these pictures. I still look at her as that little munchkin she was when I first met you guys.
I love the costumes.