Second, there have been some major changes in our goat family. We have been worrying about what to do about 2 pregnant goats over Thanksgiving break. It wouldn't have been any better if they had their babies before we left because we still wouldn't be able to leave them with new babies. The two goats that are pregnant are the ones that we had to bottle feed their babies last time. We thought about asking the Riedel's to watch them for us but we didn't want to leave Calypso (the one that didn't get pregnant) alone either. Goats don't do well when they are alone. So when the Riedel's called us and said they knew someone interested in buying a pregnant goat, we decided to just do it. It turned out they were even interested in both goats! But then we mentioned being worried about Calypso and that we would need to get a friend for her. Stephanie told me that the people we had sold Calypso's baby to were getting rid of all their goats and still hadn't found a home for Breanna. We immediately called them and went and picked up Breanna that night. Then Friday morning, the Gates family came and picked up Luna and Andromeda. It was sad to see them go, but we are so happy that they are going to such a wonderful family that will love them and adore them.
Natalee was very emotional that morning so I decided to pick the kids up from school and let them come home to meet the family and say goodbye one last time. They hardly paid any attention to the goats because they were so busy playing with the Gates girls. It made it a lot easier that they got to meet the family and they were telling the kids how much they were going to love these goats. So now we just have 2 goats-Calypso and Breanna. Did I mention that we had already sold Casper? We sold him when we couldn't keep him from getting in with the girls and getting them pregnant. We bottle-raised Casper and Andromeda and we got very attached to Luna, especially during her birthing drama. So it was sad to see them go. But I think two goats is a better number for us. Natalee is trying to talk us into getting back one of Luna's babies for her to remember Luna by. I'm hoping she forgets about it in the next month or two.
Since I never blogged about selling Casper, I thought I would include this
picture of him with Natalee from back in March.
Natalee saying goodbye to Casper- July 15, 2010
I took this picture of Luna and Andromeda to send to the Gates family.
Andromeda stuck her head through the fence while I was taking pictures.
Natalee with Luna
Natalee with Breanna. We're so happy to have her back. The girls are calling her Princess Breanna now because the people who bought her changed her name to Princess. They think going back to just Breanna will confuse her. :)
Mackenzie and Andromeda right before the goats left.
Natalee and Luna
Natalee 'riding' Andromeda. Andromeda was our biggest goat so the girls would sometimes 'ride' her. I didn't like it but I thought they would like to have a picture to remind them of doing it.
1 comment:
They sure love their pets, just like you did.
Post a Comment