![]() |
| Avery Grace Hardy November 19, 2012, 6:54 p.m. 6 lbs. 4.8 oz., 19.5 inches long |
Avery Grace Hardy finally came to join our family on November 19, 2012! She was still about 12 days early, but since Nathan and Kelsey both came 3 1/2 weeks early, it almost felt like Avery was a little late. :) It worked out perfectly though. In fact, I know that the timing of her arrival was an answer to my prayers. I was very stressed out about having a similar labor experience to what I had with Nathan and Kelsey. I know, I'm a bit of a whiner compared to what other women go through. At least my labors are over with quickly. But they've been so fast that I didn't have time to get an epidural. I was already getting anxious and stressed about doing that again, especially as I approached 36 1/2 weeks. I was already showing signs that Avery might come just as early, but it seems like as soon as I prayed for the peace and strength I needed to get through her delivery, all progress stopped. She ended up staying in for another couple of weeks. Because my blood pressure got high again (it had happened with Mackenzie as well), I was able to be induced, and therefore, get an epidural. Not only was the delivery completely pain free, it was also the first Monday of Thanksgiving break. So I have been completely spoiled to have Daren taking care of me all week, as well as my mom cooking Thanksgiving dinner, which covered about 3 meals! We don't really have to get back to reality until tomorrow when school starts again. But it's been nice to have this week to adjust to having a newborn before starting all the chaos of driving everyone to and from school and other functions.
Avery is such a good little baby and we all just love her so much. I can't imagine our family without her!
| Me texting and enjoying myself during my pain-free labor. |
I barely had Avery in time for the kids to come see her before visiting hours ended at 8pm. She would have come sooner but the doctor had to go into a C-section and didn't want to break my water until he got out. He broke my water at about 5:45pm, went home, and barely got back in time to catch her at 6:54. I had been ready to push for about 15 minutes before he got there and I was about to ask for the other guy who was at the hospital.
My dad brought the 3 big girls and my mom came about 10 minutes later with Kelsey and Nathan. Kelsey had just fallen asleep and needed to be woken up.
| Ronelle came to visit me the next day and brought me some beautiful flowers! |
We were so happy to get to come home the very next day. We got her all dressed in her own clothes and her own blanket.
Headed home!

3 comments:
She is so beautiful and we love her! That epidural must really work because if there had been such a thing as texting when you kids were born, I wouldn't have been doing it. So glad you got your wish Lisa!
cece has that same blanket :) she is so adorable! i'm sad that i probably won't see her as a baby, but i love skyping and seeing her!
She is a beautiful baby! I love the picture of your whole family--all those girls and Daren and Nathan!
Post a Comment