Sunday, November 4, 2012

Crazy Hair Day.....Almost

     We did the craziest hair for crazy hair day this year.  And we are never this prepared for crazy hair day.  But we had a funny idea that I got from a friend on facebook to make your hair stand up higher.  You just use empty toilet paper rolls inside your ponytail.  We had also recently pulled out the Halloween bucket so the girls dug out some purple and gold hair color sprays.  It was Thursday, October 25.  Normally they don't do spirit days in the middle of the week, just on Fridays.  But since it was Red Ribbon Week (say no to drugs), they did a spirit day every day.

 
     Well, their hair turned out fabulous, but, as we started driving to school, the doubts started.  "Are you sure it's crazy hair day today?"  I didn't know, I was just trusting that they had known.  As we pulled up to the school they started looking at the other kids.  They didn't see anyone with crazy hair.  Now they were saying things like, "I'm not getting out of the car like this!"  "Call the school to find out!"  We were in the drive through drop off line and some guy walked past our car with his daughter.  He glanced in the window and Haylee immediately slumped against the seat as if that would keep him from seeing her.  I was torn between feelings of pity and amusement at the whole situation.  I think amusement won!
     I did pull out my cell phone and call the school to find out that, sure enough, crazy hair day was the next day.  That day was "denim day."  Luckily they were both wearing jeans.  They immediately pulled the ponytails out of their hair, but the sprays we had used were sticky and causing their hair to stick out to the sides funny.  Luckily for them, someone had left a brush in the car some other day.  By then I was out of the drive through line and had parked in the parking lot.  We quickly brushed out their hair.  Most of the purple spray was underneath because of the way their hair had been styled.  It was most noticeable in Haylee's blond hair.  But it was good enough to get them out of the car and barely to school in time. :)
     We did decide to do the same thing the next day for the real crazy hair day.  Kelsey even had to get in the picture since she had asked me to spray some gold sparkles in her hair (that you can't see at all in the picture).

 


No comments: