Friday, November 16, 2012

More Airplanes


     My dad was finally going to take his new plane out today (Nov. 16) so we went to go watch.  Unfortunately the wind picked up and he wasn't able to fly after all.  He didn't want to crash it on it's maiden voyage and he's still not as experienced as the other guys.  Luckily for Nathan (and Kelsey since she hasn't been with us usually) the other guys decided to fly a little anyway.  At one point Nathan was standing with all the men watching the planes and he just looked so content holding his hands behind his back, being one of the 'grown ups,' I just had to get a picture of it.

     We got to the park awhile before they started flying.  They sometimes chat quite a bit before they get their planes up.  Nathan and Kelsey were running around the baseball field making their own fun while they waited to see some planes.  It was hilarious because they decided to play hide and seek, and there really isn't anywhere to hide on a baseball field.  Kelsey told Nate he was 'it' first and took off running.  He didn't even close his eyes while he counted to 5 and then said, "Ready or not, here I come!"  I know he was watching her as she ran to the only place that provided any cover-behind a trash can.  But he suddenly stopped and started looking confused and saying, "Mom, I can't find Kelsey."  I know he watched her as she ran behind it, which made it that much funnier.  So I told him to look over by the trash and he ran over and said, "I found you!"  Then Kelsey counted to 5 while Nathan hid in the exact same spot and she found him right away.  I guess because they were out of hiding spots they decided that was enough of that game and found different ways to entertain themselves after that.
The lone hiding spot.

No comments: