Monday, September 13, 2010

Home Deepow

     The kids like to unpack their backpacks all over the house and leave their school papers everywhere.  Usually I just pick them up and throw most of it away.  Every once in awhile I find a real 'gem' and I save it.  This one is from Haylee.  (And of course all spelling, punctuation, and capitalization errors will be left.)

September 8, 2010          
    " When I grow up I want to be a werker at home deepow.  I want to be a werker at home deepow because I like to preetend to be a werker.  I can't wan't to be anything else.  I can't wait to be a werker at home deepow."

     The funniest part of this is that our family has some strong feelings against Home Depot.  We've had our share of bad experiences with them.  We do still shop there occassionally, but usually only if High Desert Home Center doesn't carry what we need.  We prefer to support High Desert Home Center because it's the Mowers' business and Matt and Amy worked there and mostly because it's the Mowers' business.  But while I was out of town last weekend, Daren took the girls to the Home Depot kids craft day.  I've always heard about it but we had never done it before.  They got little Home Depot aprons and everything.  The kids had a blast making wooden football stands.  Then Daren went to High Desert Home Center to buy the things he needed.  He made the girls take off their aprons before they went into the store.
     Apparently Haylee was very impressed by the Home Deepow werkers.

4 comments:

karen said...

hahaha. so funny and cute. Haylee is adorable! wait till Amy and Matt read it.

Ami said...

haha Matt and I both liked that!

Matt wants me to tell you he worked there too and now he is offended!!

Lisa H said...

There Matt. Better?

Lisa H said...

Hi grandma Moffit I loved what you wrote I get better at write each day, Love Haylee