Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Double Digits

On August 9, 2011, Natalee Marie Hardy turned 10 years old!!  Now I have a child in the double digits.  Next I'll be saying I have a child in Young Womens, and then a teenager, and then a driver/dater, and then a high school grad...it's all going by so fast!

For Natalee's birthday we got her an mp3 player.  We ordered it online on her birthday so it didn't arrive until a week later.  She has been listening to it nonstop.  We also got her a Hannah Montana 'Girl Talk' game that she just had to have.  Her sisters dug through their things to find gifts for her and she got gifts from her grandparents. She also had a "party" the day before and got things from her friends.  All in all she made out pretty well for a 10 year-old.  For her birthday cake she decided that she wanted Turtle Pie.  That has become a quite popular choice in our family lately and I can't complain.  It's much easier to go buy a pie than try to make a cute cake.  (Have I mentioned that cake decorating is not one of my talents?)

10 is a party year in our family.  Natalee decided that in lieu of a party she wanted to take a few special friends to go see a movie at the dollar theater in Lancaster and then go to Panda Express for lunch.  She picked Katie Cannon and Monica Christiansen (her other good buddy Ryan Farrell was on vacation) and we stopped by and picked up our old neighbor, her good friend Isabella Rosado.  Our whole family went so we took Monster Van.  The movie we saw was Kung Fu Panda 2, which was perfect for the lunch selection.  It was a lot of driving but also a lot of fun.

Here are pics of the big 10 year-old!

Clockwise: Natalee, Monica, Isabella, Haylee and Katie

Natalee got some makeup from a friend at her 'party' the day before so she was nice and sparkly for her pictures.


A watch and necklace from Mackenzie.

 Haylee gave Natalee this fan and she was making silly faces while she fanned herself and the other kids were rolling with laughter!

 A game and book from Haylee.



She is so grown up.  *sigh*


1 comment:

Ami said...

I'm feeling a little emotional after reading this! I can't believe how grown up she is. I remember the first time I met her....she was only 2 years old...time really does fly!