Daren and I had the most amazing opportunity to be a 'Ma and Pa' for the stake youth conference trek reenactment (sp?) this year. Daren's mom came down to babysit for us while we did this. When we got home, she and Devin stayed for a few more days and we did some fun things together before they went back. I'm going backwards here because this is the last day they were here, but I'm starting with our trip to the fish hatchery.
It was Daren's birthday so he really wanted to drive up to the fish hatchery. On our way there, we stopped at Fossil Falls because Daren's mom really wanted to see it. Unfortunately I didn't remember to send the camera with Daren for their short hike. Nate had fallen asleep in the car and I stayed with him while they went to see the falls. There isn't any water at these falls. Just lava formations. Anyway, I only have a couple of pictures from that and they were taken in the parking lot. It doesn't really show the falls but the girls in them are sure pretty. :)
The next stop was a picnic lunch at the fish hatchery. It's still a very beautiful place and it was lots of fun to feed the fish. I had to take the opportunity to try to take some beautiful pictures of the girls. I'd rather do that than buy the school pictures. I could probably do better if I took a class or two. But the beautiful children make up for my lack of skill.
The first two are taken at Fossil Falls and from then on they were taken either at the Fish Hatchery or in my car.
Natalee- 10 years old
Haylee- 8 years old
Mackenzie- 6 years old
Kelsey- 3 years old
Nathan- 1 year old
Grandma Bobbi brought her Family Fun magazine and lots of fun ideas for the kids to do. One of the ideas was to make rice krispie treats on popsicle sticks. You were supposed to dip them in chocolate and then do sprinkles too but we never made it that far. They were still a hit and worked especially well for Nathan since he loved having a 'handle' to hold them with.
Nathan and Devin were having a fun game in the car of Nate trying to get Devin's hat. Devin would lean down just a bit for him so his hand could grab it and then he would pull it away. The babies always love their Uncle Devin and Nate was no exception.
1 comment:
You have such good posers. Those are great shots.
Post a Comment