All I have to do for a chance to win this prize is blog about OnStar's new mirror. (I got this from The Meanest Mom blog if you want to try to win yourself!) So, it basically sounds like you add OnStar to your car by installing this special OnStar mirror that has all these cool features. It has a call button to call for help if you need it, it's a speakerphone blue tooth so you can talk on your cell phone hands-free, it's a GPS, and even more that I wouldn't even know about since I don't know much about OnStar. Sounds pretty fancy! There were two ways to enter the drawing. First was to post a comment on Jana's blog post, and second is to blog about it. The comment was to answer the question, "How can the OnStar mirror help your family?" This was my post:
Definitely the stolen vehicle locater!!! Our car gets stolen all the time and it's such a pain every time!
I was totally kidding, of course. But I wanted to write something a little different than all the other things (the GPS and hands-free calling seemed the most popular). But actually, I think my answer may have some truth to it. I do have unnatural fears about my children being kidnapped. It's a lot better than it used to be. I do let Daren take them places without me and everything. Moving to a small town has helped this fear a lot! One time I read a story in the Reader's Digest about a lady who was car-jacked by a guy in the middle of the road. She tried to get her kids out of their carseats before he could take off but she couldn't get them and had to shut the door so they wouldn't fall out and die when he took off. But she had OnStar in her car. So the police could follow the car everywhere it went and even listen in to the guy as he talked to the little kids in the car. I was really wishing I had OnStar then.
My new unnatural fear (this stems from living in the desert and regular summer temperatures over 110 degrees) is that I will have a stroke or heart attack and die immediately after I buckle my kids into their carseats. And they will be trapped inside a car and well, we've all seen the news and know what happens. It's heart-breaking. For some reason, every time I'm somewhere alone with my car in the heat, that thought goes through my head after I buckle them as I walk around to my door. Before, OnStar wouldn't have really helped unless an older child was also present. But those kids are smart enough to run in the house and call 911. Helplessly trapped in their carseats, Nate and Kelsey probably could not reach the help button. But we just bought Kelsey a booster seat tonight!!! My life is about to change. Her old carseat will now be Nate's backup carseat and it will stay in the other car and I will almost never have to move the carseats again! So anyway, now Kelsey will be able to unbuckle herself and hit the help button if I pass out immediately after getting Nathan buckled into his carseat. And the police will find my kids if I'm ever car jacked.
Yep, I've definitely talked myself into it.
Jane 23
5 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment