Natalee came up with a superb lesson considering she had about 3 minutes to figure something out. Since my scripture ended up turning into it's own lesson (as often happens in our family) I told her she had an out but she insisted she had something. Then she told us all that when we do kind things for others that it makes them feel good inside. And it would make Thomas feel good if we all wrote him a letter so that was going to be the lesson. We were planning to make a treat for my cousin Patrick who is currently serving in Afganistan so we thought we'd send some to Thomas as well. The girls wrote letters to Thomas and Patrick while I baked peanut butter cookies to send to both of them.
It was finally time to pray and get the kids to bed but we couldn't seem to get them all back into the living room. Kelsey was still in the bathroom and the rest of us were all in the living room waiting for her. So I yelled to her, "Time for prayers Kelsey!" She was saying she was doing something but it didn't sound like anything you would normally hear (i.e. brushing teeth, going potty, etc.). So I said it again. This time I heard her say something about toilet paper so I asked, "You're out of toilet paper?" And finally it was clear. Kelsey said, "No, I'm making you a pillow pet out of toilet paper." I probably should have gone to see it myself so I could have added a funny picture with this post. But we quickly sent Natalee off to get her out of the bathroom and to rescue whatever toilet paper was left. Maybe I'll ask her to make me one tomorrow so I can see what it would have looked like. Under close supervision, of course.
![]() |
| This is the pillow pet Haylee and Mackenzie have. |
![]() |
| It's a pillow! And it's a pet! It's a Pillow Pet! |


3 comments:
Yes, I also want to see pictures of Kelsey's toilet pet. What a creative little daughter you have :)
you must have been signed into my computer. I wrote that!
So funny! And I love that we're not the only ones that struggle to be adequately prepared for FHE, and to have everyone cooperate!!!
Post a Comment