Before blogging, I lost a lot of the adorable things my kids said simply by not writing them down. I tried once in a while, but it usually didn't last very long or I would lose the thing I wrote it in. I was just looking at an old notebook to see if there was anything valuable in it or if it was entirely filled with kid scribble. I did indeed find a treasure. As is usually the case, I had completely forgotten about this but I remember it now. I had written down Natalee's prayer that night because it had amused me so much. I think this was when we started realizing that the kids are picking up on a lot of what we say and we need to be a little more careful. This was during the first year of Obama's presidency, I'm guessing right about when Natalee turned 8. This is what she said:
"Please help our goats have lots of babies so we can have lots of milk during the depression. And please help our president stop making bad decisions. Help us get a new president before we lose our land."
The election is one year away and I just hope we make it. I really hope her prayer is answered and that we get a new president before we lose our land! (And please let it be a good one this time.)
Jane 23
5 months ago
3 comments:
out of the mouth of babes!
AMEN!!
haha too funny!
Post a Comment