I love listening to the things my children pray for. It's like a window into their hearts and minds. I learn what is important to them and what they have been thinking about. I find out what is worrying them or what they are hoping for. Sometimes they say something that is completely hilarious, and other times they say things that are so sweet and touching. I especially love it when they pray for each other.
Kelsey had a gem of a prayer a few nights ago. She rattled off quite the list of things she was praying for, and somewhere in the middle, I was sure I heard her say, "...and help us all to be dead." When the prayer ended, Haylee and I looked at each other. We were smiling and Haylee chuckled and said that Kelsey had prayed for us to be dead. Daren said that that wasn't what she had said and started to list off some of the other things she had prayed for. I told him that I had thought I heard her say it too. So Daren asked her if she had prayed for us all to be dead. Kelsey nodded her head and said, "Uh huh, because then we could all live with Jesus."
Kelsey has been thinking about Jesus a lot lately and I am very glad about that. Unfortunately, we all said "amen" at the end of her prayer. :)
Jane 23
5 months ago
2 comments:
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! that'll be a good one to tell her when she gets older! but she is very sweet :)
So funny! Her rationalization is precious:)
Post a Comment