Thursday, December 1, 2011

Family News

     We have decided to try and sell our house and move into town.  We would still love to have a nice large yard, but we don't need as much space as we have out here if we aren't going to have animals.  We sold the goats a month or so ago.  Chickens are allowed to live in town so for now we plan on keeping them.  We also found a new home for our dog Shelby.
     I feel like finding a new home for Shelby and the goats was an important step to moving into town and it all just seemed to fall into place.
     A few days ago, we walked through a house that we fell in love with.  Then last night, we showed our house to a family who might be interested in it.  They are coming back to look on Saturday morning so they can get a better look at the yard.  If they didn't like it they wouldn't be coming back Saturday. :)  So now I have very high hopes that we can sell our house and buy the dream house.  We'll see what happens.  I'd feel a lot better if we could just sell monster van too.
     My favorite things about the dream house:  5 bedrooms!!!!, a gorgeous kitchen, a huge laundry room, a covered patio that goes the whole length of the back of the house, a large yard, a huge wooden playset that I imagine will be staying but they didn't say, and attic access to a giant part of the attic (over the garage) with wood flooring so you could actually store quite a bit in the attic.  Oh, and of course, it's in town so we would be so close to everything!

P.S.  We didn't buy the dream house.  We put an offer but they said they were pretty sure a family was going to give them a full price offer in a few weeks and we just weren't willing to pay full price.  They were right though and they sold it for their asking price.  So I guess it just wasn't the right house for us after all.  And actually, I'm glad we made the choice not to spend so much money.

1 comment:

Cass said...

Where is it, you don't have to give an address but I'm a local, give me an idea what it's by or what neighborhood. I don't know if I could handle you living in town ;-).