Haylee has been invited to a play date and dinner this evening. As she and Kelsey sat and ate breakfast this morning, I decided to coach Haylee a bit on her dinner manners. I gave her the scenario, "What if they serve a vegetable that you don't like?" She said she would eat it anyway because once they invited us to dinner and were having cucumbers so she just decided to try them and she liked them. Then we discussed if she should ask for seconds or not. Next I told her that she needed to be sure and thank them sincerely for the meal. Haylee added, "And say, 'That was delicious.'" I agreed that she should tell them how delicious it was. Suddenly Kelsey piped up, "But what if they put humans in it?" After Haylee and I finished laughing hysterically, Haylee asked her why they would do that. Kelsey was quite pleased to get such a good laugh from us. I know she's going to be the comedian in our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment