Thursday, October 4, 2012

Find a Penny...

     It was bound to happen eventually, but we finally had a child swallow money.  Daren asked me yesterday evening if Kelsey had informed me that she had swallowed a penny.  She had not.  But I told her that I was sure we would be seeing it the next day.  Daren explained to her that it would just come out in her poop.
     This afternoon, I changed Nate's poopy diaper before putting him down for his nap.  The poopy diaper reminded me about Kelsey's penny problem.  I asked her if she had pooped it out yet.  She said no but that she would go do it right now.  Just as I finished tucking the little guy in bed, I heard her yell from the bathroom, "I pooped!"  I went to go examine and see if the penny was there but she didn't want me to look yet because she said she still had more to come.  I convinced her to let me take a peek but I couldn't tell for sure if it was there.  So I told her to just sit on the toilet until...  I guess I got distracted and didn't finish my sentence right away so Kelsey finished it for me.  "...until I make a penny?"  "Yes," I agreed.  "Sit here until you make the penny."
     Sure enough, she made the penny. :)  Thank goodness we know it's out and it's not like Nate's marble saga from last year.  The moral of this story is "Don't put money in your mouth!  You really have no idea whose poop it may have been in!"

1 comment:

karen said...

Gross! never thought of that reasoning before.