Monday, October 22, 2012

Tinnie, Minnie, Miney, Moe and More

     A year or so ago, we realized that Kelsey had some imaginary friends.  Their names were Tinnie and Minnie.  I have no idea where they came from other than her imagination.  Tinnie and Minnie are two bears that live in the woods.  The other kids found it quite humorous and asked her lots of questions about them, which she was pleased to answer.  She always seemed to know that they weren't really "real" but she liked pretending they were there.  Over time, she has stopped talking about them.  In fact, I think I would have forgotten all about them if it weren't for the fact that instead of "eeny, meeny, miney, moe" Kelsey always says, "Tinnie, Minnie, Miney, Moe."  She uses that a lot when she has to pick which book to read before naptime, although I suspect she already knows how it's going to end up before she starts.
     Nathan is definitely a little man in this house!  I am always entertained (if not overwhelmed) by his little boy antics.  He likes to pretend to be a dinosaur (I was so excited to find a dinosaur costume for him for Halloween, which he gets out often).  He is always running or jumping anywhere he goes.  But there are still some signs that he is growing up with 4 big sisters.  The one happening most frequently these days: While driving in the car, Nathan will break out into singing the Selena Gomez song, "Who Says?"  He basically repeats over and over again, "Who says you're not beauty? Trust me. Who says you're not beauty? Trust me....etc."  It cracks me up!
     Usually Kelsey and Nathan are the ones doing funny things for me to blog about because they are little and home most of the time.  But even Natalee still does and says some hilarious things.  Part of their Beauty and the Beast costumes was to wear skin-colored panty hose.  I bought some knee-highs for them to wear.  I'm not actually sure if they make panty hose in children's sizes.  Probably, but I decided to go with the knee-highs.  On Thursday they were getting ready for their performance.  They hadn't performed since Saturday night so I had been able to wash all the knee-highs in the meantime.  I didn't know which ones belonged to Haylee and Natalee so I just put them all in my sock drawer (it's a big no-no to leave panty hose out in our house!) and told Haylee to get a pair out of there.  Natalee hadn't heard me and apparently she could only find one in her drawer so she came out dangling it and saying, "Haylee, where is the other panty hoe?!" It makes perfect sense that panty hoes would be the plural of panty hoe. :)

No comments: