Sunday, October 21, 2012

Beauty and the Beast, Closing Night!


     Mackenzie was so excited for her date!  I think she was especially excited for a good excuse to wear her glasses.  She ended up wearing them quite a bit more than I believe was necessary. :)
     Our date was for the very last showing of Beauty and the Beast, Oct. 20, 2012!  It was such a great night!  Because of the success of the show, all tickets were sold out days earlier and so they got permission to sell even more tickets for the last two shows.  So it was really a full house.  On our way to the show, Mackenzie and I stopped at the store to pick up some flowers for our little actresses.  I knew the girls would appreciate them and that Daren would prefer not to get any. :)  We picked out two beautiful bouquets and headed off.  We got there about an hour early to make sure we got good seats.
     Mackenzie got her light-up rose as well so that she could help the beast change into a prince too.  She was also excited to get her picture taken with Belle but she also wanted a picture with Babette.  I have to say that Babette and Lumiere were definitely a highlight of the show. :)  Natalee had strict instructions to be outside waiting so I could get some pictures of her this time.  Because it was the last show, Daren had to stay later to help take down sets.  So Mackenzie and I hung around to wait for Natalee and Haylee to change.  We went back into the theater and Mackenzie got to go on stage to get a picture on the set.  Then she and her friend Mallory were big helpers and helped find trash to throw away so that we could go home sooner (since that was Haylee and Natalee's job).
     Like I said before, it was an awesome experience for the kids.  I think Daren enjoyed himself too.  But it is a relief to be done for now and it will be an amazing memory.  We're definitely buying a DVD of the show.
Natalee and Haylee got flowers from their best friends, Katie and Grace Cannon




 
Natalee with one of the friends they made during the show. (Blake?)
 
With Babette

Mackenzie and Belle
 

Me and Daren (I decided I should get in at least one picture!)

Macknezie in the castle!

No comments: