About an hour ago...Haylee and Mackenzie heard Nathan wake up in my bed, and were in the room playing with him. They called for me to come and said he was hungry. They were enjoying putting their cheeks next to his mouth and said he was kissing them when he was trying to suck on their cheeks. So I went in to feed him and sent them out.
While I was getting him situated, before he started eating, Mackenzie runs back into the bedroom and says, "Oh dear, I lost something on your bed and I can't find it." She seemed very concerned. "What was it?" I asked her. "A carpet beetle," she replied.
Well, she sure makes life exciting.
As long as I'm telling about my cute kids, Nathan just started hiccupping (again!) and it made me think of Kelsey. When he was first home and started hiccupping, I told Kelsey that Nathan was hiccupping. She just can't say the whole word. So now every time he hiccups, which is pretty much whenever he's awake, Kelsey always says, "Nathan hiccing."
Poor Natalee wants a horse so badly. I don't know if it's because we let her do riding camp, or because one of her best friends recently got her own horse, but she has been even more obsessed lately. She has started pretending to ride a horse everywhere she goes. She mostly just does it around the house, but this morning she and I were at Wal-Mart and she did it there. We were walking towards the checkout and when we got close to the jewelry, Natalee said, "Let's go look at earrings!" Then she clicked her mouth, put her hands in front of her like she was holding reins, and trotted off to the jewelry. Our poor deprived child.
P.S. I have to say that it really drives Mackenzie crazy for some reason when Natalee does this at home. She's always telling her to stop and that it's really "annoying". But unfortunately for her, imaginary horses are not against our house rules.
This morning Haylee and Natalee wanted to go to yard sales with me. We were looking for a dresser (so we could give Nathan the baby dresser), a bigger bike for Haylee, and possibly a baby bouncer (the kids destroyed our pink one but-it was pink). The first yard sales were at 6am so I woke the girls up at 5:45. Haylee sat up in her bed, then after I left the room, laid back down and went back to sleep. So Natalee and I left without her. Daren said she was pretty upset that we went without her. She asked why we didn't wake her up. He told her that I had woken her, she had sat up in bed, and I'd talked to her. She explained to him that talking to her doesn't wake her up. You actually have to tickle her in her armpit to get her awake. We're going to start doing that from now on and see if she still wants us to use that method.
Jane 23
5 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment