Monday, January 31, 2011

Class Field Trips

     At the end of the last school year (May 6, 2010 to be exact) I got the opportunity to chaperone a field trip for Natalee's class to a museum in Independence, CA (about 1.5 hours north of Ridgecrest).  The funny thing is that I remember going on a field trip to the same museum when I was in elementary school.  It had a lot of the same things but some different things as well.  One thing I didn't remember from my childhood visit that I won't forget this time was a pair of dentures some guy made out of coyote teeth!
Natalee and her friend Ryan in front of an old fashioned music box.


They thought the outhouse was hilarious.

The kids had fun ringing this old bell.



     A few days earlier (April 28, 2010 to be exact), I chaperoned a field trip for Haylee's 1st grade class to the Inoykern Airport and fire station.

Me and Haylee on our way there.  You can see that Nathan is with us too. :)

Haylee and Megan-this picture is to show just how huge the wheels on the fire truck are!



A highlight of the trip to the fire station was watching the water shoot out of the fire truck!


Haylee's teacher, Mr. McDiarmid volunteered for the security pat down demonstration at the airport.



Haylee and some of her good friends
(L-R Erynne, Cheyenne, and Samantha)


No comments: