Sunday, April 17, 2011

My Hilarious and Entertaining Life

I just thought I'd share a couple of entertaining things in my life right now as long as I'm up late with a cute little 9 month old.

1.  The girls have discovered the following joke:

Person 1: What are you eating under there?
Person 2: Under where?
Person 1: Ha ha, you're eating underwear!

Hilarious.  I know.  I've heard it SO many times the last couple days and, believe me, it gets funnier every time.  Actually, they got Grandma Poetschlag to say it tonight and it really was hilarious.  Grandma was a great sport about it and that made the girls laugh even harder. She then proceded to share any similar jokes that she knew that I'm sure I will be hearing over and over again throughout this next week.  Thanks Grandma!

2.  Daren bought Haylee a bunny.  I never should have let him go off alone with her.  How could I not have known what they would do?  Haylee is so stinkin' happy about it that he is forgiven.  It was sort of the plan.  But I just didn't know it was going to happen right when it did.  I will post pictures of Haylee with the bunny (she named her Copper).  Surprisingly we haven't taken any yet.

3.  I did a horrible thing this evening.  Let me give some background information first so you'll understand why I did such a thing.  First of all, my mom has been out of town a lot lately.  And as soon as she left, all these things came up and I had to ask other people to babysit my kids for me.  It wouldn't be so bad except that I've had to take kids to doctor appointments, and I've still been trying to help in the classroom once a week.  Well, tomorrow is Monday and I'm supposed to help in the classroom again.  Then Tuesday I need to find someone to watch the kids so I can go visiting teaching.  I felt bad asking Alyssa to watch them 2 days in a row (I still haven't asked about Tuesday but she has been helping me so much lately).  I always feel bad asking Ronelle during the day when ALL of her kids are in school and she should have lovely free time (I have asked her though, and didn't want to do it again so soon).  Well, my sweet visiting teaching companion offered to watch my kids for me tomorrow so I could help in the classroom.  However, she lives in Ridgecrest, which would mean driving all the way to the school to drop of the kids, then to town to drop off Kelsey and Nathan, then back to school.  It just seemed like too much effort until I had a brilliant idea.  (Here it comes!)  Why not have Daren take Kelsey and Nathan to the Ballard's house on his way to work?  A stroke of genius really.  Well, it turns out that Daren is afraid of the Ballards.  I can see why, really.  If only I had a picture to show you how really terrifying they are.  I assured him that if he did this for me this time, then it would be so much easier the next time I arrange for him to drop off the kids at a different scary ward member's home.
     I am going to compose the following email to the teachers in the morning:

Dear Teachers,
    I am sorry that I am unable to help in the classroom again.  My mother is still out of town and unfortunately my husband is afraid of the family that I have asked to babysit my other children, and therefore unable to drop them off at their house.
Mrs. Hardy

     At least now when Daren asks me to do something really hard (like make exotic chinese meals for his birthday dinner) I can say no and remind him of when I didn't make him do this incredibly hard favor.  Okay, okay, I've already said no to the chinese meals I've never heard of and have no clue how to make or where to buy the strange ingredients that go in them.  So I guess Daren can say, "You said no to my birthday dinner requests so I can say no to this!"

2 comments:

Amy McFarlane said...

hahaha grandma said underwear! i don't get why daren is scared??

Lisa H said...

He's not really afraid. He's just shy around people he doesn't know very well. I know them a lot better than he does. He also hates making phone calls, even to people he knows. We all have our phobias. :)