Friday, April 15, 2011

A Regular Friday


This was such a relaxing day! I didn't have to go anywhere except to drop off and pick the kids up from school, and then Haylee's soccer game after school. My visiting teachers came over this morning so I spent the first part of the morning frantically straightening up the living room. We had a nice visit and I spent the rest of the morning entertaining the kids, working on cleaning up the kitchen, baking a loaf of bread (in the breadmaker), and addressing Haylee's baptism announcements. Don't feel bad if you don't get one! It's not like Christmas cards or anything. I made them for her to give to a few people in town and thought I'd better send them to immediate family too so they know about it. :) After school we went to the post office and mailed the invitations, and hand delivered a couple of close ones. She made a cute little bunny mask at school today and she kept wearing it everywhere we went. To the post office and to her friends' houses. Then we got ready for soccer! Haylee is having so much fun playing soccer this year. And we are having fun watching her. The kids enjoy the soccer fields SO much more than the basketball bleachers. Natalee took full advantage of the beautiful spring day by sitting under a shade tree playing her DS.

Right after we set up our chairs on the sidelines another family came and sat by us. At first I wondered why the girl who had set her chair closest to mine was sitting back a little from the other chairs. Then I realized the answer. She was using me for shade!! At first I felt a little horrified that I was so tall I was used as 'shade.' But it quickly became amusing instead. Especially when the sun moved and she scoot her chair up to get back into my shade.

Haylee played a great game and even got to play goalie for a quarter. I think she really liked the goalie position. I told her that blocking a goal from the other team was just as good as scoring a goal for your own team so she could expect the same reward for blocking a goal as she would get for scoring a goal. This reward is usually a scoop of ice cream or a dollar. She was so disappointed that during her quarter there was not one goal kicked at her net. She complained that the defenders wouldn't let the other team take any shots.


P.S. I actually wrote the majority of this post on Friday. It took me two days to publish it because blogger is giving me headaches about uploading pictures again. I keep getting 'server rejected' messages and so I have to switch to the old editor to post anything. I don't like the old editor as well as the new one, but it's fine as long as I don't have lots of pictures to post.

No comments: