Sunday, June 12, 2011

Nathan's Sunday Outfit

     Nathan just looks so cute in his little Sunday outfits that I almost want to take a picture every Sunday.  Today I just had to!  He was wearing one of Jacob's shirts and he just looked like such a big boy.  So we did a little photo shoot of him after church.  After a few pictures, Kelsey decided she needed to get in on the action.  And then a few more sisters joined in.  It would have been perfect if Natalee had jumped in there too but she was standing next to me with her camera taking her own pictures.  I think she has a gift because she got some pretty cute ones.  If I think about it I'll add her pictures later.
     Today was also Nate's first time taking the sacrament.  I'm always a little unsure of when to start giving my kids the sacrament since it's so sacred and I know they don't quite understand it.  But at the same time, they are innocent, pure little children.  I usually wait until they're about one and Nate is very close to that.  Last Sunday, when the bread tray passed us and I handed it to the deacon without giving him one, his bottom lip curled up and he got a very hurt expression on his face.  Then I did the same thing with the water, quickly passing it to the deacon before he could knock the tray over, and Nate did the exact same hurt, curled lower lip expression.  So I realized he was ready and I wouldn't keep him from taking the sacrament anymore.  He did almost knock the water tray over today though.  Mackenzie was sitting next to me and she insisted on holding the tray for me but held it a little too close and when I took Nate's cup away he was instantly reaching for another one.  He didn't knock any over but the top of his hands patted several of them.  He doesn't have any obvious illnesses right now and I'm sure the tray was then passed to a completely unsuspecting group of people who had no idea my 11-month old's fingers had just been in their water.
(If you're wondering about the little scratch on his cheek, it's a 'walking wound.'  He is getting quite good and a lot more daring.  He was trying to walk to the fireplace and stumbled right before he got to it and his cheek hit the stone.  We're grateful that it wasn't a lot worse!)





2 comments:

karen said...

He is so adorable!!

Ami said...

He does look like a little man! So cute.