Today I got to go see one of my very favorite teachers from high school, Mr. Maxwell (a.k.a. Mr. Mathwell, a.k.a. Dexter). Well, actually, I guess we were the ones he called Dexter :) He was a lot of fun and definitely made math a fun class. He has always lived up in Walker Pass, about 30 minutes away. My friend and I went and visited him once in high school, 18 years ago. (WOW! I'm old!) Unfortunately, Mr. Maxwell has been having back pain for years now and has had several back surgeries. So I went up to see him this morning and bring him a few things from town that he needed. It was so great to visit with him and catch up on how everyone was doing. I told him as much as I could about my siblings and their families but apparently there are a lot of answers I don't know. Like, what Jeff is going to study at either BYU or U of U. I'm pretty sure it's BYU. I told him it was a lot of people to keep track of and he said he definitely agreed with that. I also brought the calendars my mom made for 2011 and 2010 to show him lots of pictures of my brothers and sister and their spouses and kids.
It was a great time walking down memory lane. There were so many fun things that I hadn't even thought about for years! He reminded me of the time that Debbi Page and I flirted with a substitute just to tease him. I believe we left him an anonymous note that said, "You're cute" or something like that on it. Of course, he told Mr. Maxwell and Mr. Maxwell figured us out. I'll have to call Deb tomorrow and remind her of our silliness. A fun morning/afternoon!
I Do Now
1 week ago

1 comment:
It's BYU, economics. Glad you had a fun visit.
Post a Comment