Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Story of the Eighth Article of Faith

     Mackenzie came home from school the other day and was so excited to tell me that they had to write a story in their class.  "Do you want to know what I wrote for my story?" she asked.  I could see she was bursting with excitement to tell me.  I asked what she had written about and she answered by reciting by memory the eighth article of faith.  "Wow!" I said.  "How did you know how to spell all of those words?"  "I sounded them out," Mackenzie answered.  I could see how proud she was and I congratulated her.
     I had completely forgotten about the conversation when one day, Mackenzie came home from school bursting with excitement again.  "We got our story back Mom!  Do you want to see it?"  And there it was, clear as could be, the eighth article of faith:

We bleev the bibll to be the wrb fo God as far as thigs are chrasladid crecktlee

We asso bleev the boock fo moomim to be th wrd f God.

     When Daren came home from work I showed it to him and asked him if he could figure out what her story was about.  He looked at it for a second and instantly said, "Of course, it's the eighth article of faith."  I can't help but wonder if her teacher was able to decipher any of it and if so, what she thought about it.  I'm proud of my little missionary!
(I believe the picture she drew to go with her story is the gold plates on the left and the Bible on the right.)

3 comments:

The Tomlinsons said...

SO CUTE!!!!! Awesome for Mackenzie!

karen said...

GREAT job Mackenzie!!!

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

So cute! Favorite story ever!